In addition to dental school training at UCSF, Dr. Biana Roykh has received advanced training at the University of Nevada School of Medicine Dental General Practice where she treated pediatric patients both in the office and hospital settings. Dream Dental welcomes families to bring their children for routine check ups. The American Dental Association recommends your baby’s first visit to take place as early as 6 months. It is important for your children to start building a positive relationship with your dentist, so that the check ups are fun and free of discomfort. Dr. Roykh enjoys treating children in her office and she works closely with many pediatricians in the San Francisco community.
What to expect on your child’s first visit?
1. You will be welcomed by our friendly staff and be asked to fill out a medical history form for your child and a couple of office forms. Please note, a parent or a legal guardian must be present for the first visit.
2. Our team member will escort you and your child into a treatment room.
3. Dr. Roykh will come in and ask you about your child’s medical and dental history.
4. Your child will receive a check up exam, which will include evaluation of the temperomandibular joint, oral soft tissues (tongue, cheeks, lips, gums), and the teeth.
5. If your child has molar teeth (either primary or permanent), a couple of check up x-rays may be recommended at that time. Also, if there are areas of suspicious decay or self-reported problem areas, Dr. Roykh will recommend x-rays there.
6. You are welcome to be present in the treatment room during your child’s examination.
7. At the end of the exam, Dr. Roykh will review all the findings and make any necessary recommendations. You will have ample opportunity to ask the doctor any questions you may have. No dental treatment will be performed until all your questions are answered.
8. Your child will then receive a dental cleaning, which will include thorough removal of plaque, calculus or tartar stains and a polish of all the teeth with delicious kid-friendly paste (bubble gum, cherry, strawberry shortcake).
9. To congratulate your child on a job well-done, our friendly staff will offer him/her to pick a fun toy from the treasure chest.
Thank you for your interest in our office. Don’t wait and please call now to schedule your child’s check up exam – (415) 513-5433.